You’re Going To Learn How To…
- make web pages and posts that include images and videos
- make and manage your site’s links
- select and work with a WordPress theme
- choose and work with plugins (which are like apps)
And that’s just for starters.
But Wait!! There Are Even More Benefits:
- You don’t need to purchase any software, web hosting service or domain name because I will give you a free WordPress web site for this class.
- Each webinar is presented live but if you miss a class, the webinar will be recorded.
Here’s what I’ll cover during the four webinars.
No. 1 – WP At 10,000 Feet
Monday, January 28, 2019 @ Noon EST
An overview of WP for the real beginner. Main features include:
- The difference between wordpress.com and wordprss.org
- A tour of the key features of a WP site admin
- Creating first pages and posts with images and videos
- Understanding the nature of a blog
- Introduction to themes and plugins
- How to get a domain name and web hosting service
- The famous 5 minute WP installation
This webinar is a must if you are just getting started or have tried WP (or wordpress.com) and are not sure how it works.
No. 2 – Building Your WP Site: Beyond The Basics
Tuesday, January 29, 2019 @ Noon EST
Go beyond the bare essentials and learn how to build out your site. This webinar covers:
- What to look for when choosing a theme
- Exploring any theme’s key features – menus, customization, templates, and more
- Adding pages and managing them in your site
- Creating links to pages on your site and to other sites
This webinar explains in more detail the key elements of the first webinar.
No. 3 – All About Blogging
Wednesday, January 30, 2019 @ Noon EST
Learn all the components of a blog to make it work best for you. This includes:
- Adding and removing widgets
- Using categories and tags
- Managing comments
- Adding a featured image
- Using blog formatting
This webinar reviews one of the most essential elements of a good WP site – the blog!
No. 4 – Plugins: The Apps That Make WP Cool
Thursday, January 31, 2019 @ Noon EST
Learn about plugins that make WP safer, more useful, and engaging for your audience. View demonstrations of:
- How to find and install any plugin
- Plugins that do all kinds of things that WP does not do out of the box.
- Social media plugins
- Plugins that integrate your site with third party vendors who perform a wide range of tasks, such as e-commerce and email propagation
Take It From Lindsay…
I've taken several of Bud's webinars over the years and look forward to attending more. His webinars are clear and he teaches you exactly what you need to know in order to get up and running with WordPress.
Every time I have a question, it seems uncanny how a few moments later he addresses it even before I pose it. He knows the material extremely well, but maintains an excellent sense for how to approach each topic with people new to the subject matter.