On December 4, 2018 WordPress changed forever. On that date WordPress 5.0 was released which included the Gutenberg editor.
This replaced what is now called the Classic Editor which had been the way in which content was created in WordPress since its beginning in 2003.
The Gutenberg editor features a block editing system. All content types – such as paragraphs, headings, images and videos – and more are created by inserting a block into a page or post.
The videos in “Using Gutenberg” module are to help you easily learn and use Gutenberg. Feel free to skip around and learn what you need to know as my videos do not need to be watched in any order.
Modules In How To WordPress
- Meet Gutenberg
- Working With Paragraphs And Headings
- Adding Videos
- The Cover Block
- The Media And Text Block
- The Spacer And Separator Blocks
- Working With Headings
- Working With Paragraphs
- The Columns Block
- The Group Block
- The Buttons Block
- Adding Images
- Moving Blocks
- How To Create A Reusable Block
- How To Create A Page From A Google Doc
- How To Wrap Text Around An Image
- How To Make An Intra-Page Link
- How To Make And Work With A Template
- Using Atomic Blocks To Make A Template
- Using Ghost Kit To Make A Template
- Reusing A Template On Another Site
- Using The Gutenberg Template Library
- Managing Blocks
- Using The Block Directory
- Using Block Patterns